On August 6, 2010 we officially and legally adopted our sweet baby girl. That was exactly 1 month from when she was placed with us from Brittney. We changed her name from Olivia Marie to Alivia Michelle. We changed her name because we wanted it to be our own name. Brittney picked out her name originally. To us, she was an "A" name but all of the "A" names that we picked out just didn't stick. We named her after me for her middle name because all of our girls have Mom's as their middle name. (Brooklyn Britnney (birthmom) and Mackenzie Faye (my mom). Now all we need is one more girl and we have all of the moms! Court went really well. My sister, Brooke, and my niece, Hailee, were there to support us. That meant a lot that they would come. We had everyone dress up in their best clothes because to us it was something very special. People at the courthouse thought we were getting married there because everyone looked the part. During court Alivia just talked and talked. She had something to say about what was happening! The best part was when Judge Penny Stanford said that she felt in the best interest of the courts, the state, and all parties involved that Alivia be placed in our home and legally be adopted by us. What a great feeling! I worried a bunch before it was actually finalized, but now she is ours...forever...and it feels great. We love you sweet Alivia.
After court we had pictures done outside of the courthouse. Poor Alivia took a spill and scuffed up her forehead. I was just glad that she did it AFTER court and not before. Can you imagine what the judge would have thought? Well, the next chapter is to get sealed and bless her. This is one weekend I am very excited about and looking forward to. Life is great with now 3 little girls!
Congratulations! I got goosebumps reading this. Your girls are so cute. All three of them. I'm so happy for you guys.
ReplyDeleteYAY! I can't wait to meet my new niece. This seems so weird that I haven't met her yet, it's just not right. By the way, you look hot in the pictures:) I love the yellow flower in your hair:)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Michelle, your family is beautiful! I am so happy for you all.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What cute kids. Tom, Woody can feel for being the only man in the house, we have 3 girls as well! You get use to A LOT of pink! Congratulations we are so happy for you guys!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a joyous occasion! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family! Lots of love, Anna
ReplyDelete