Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day this year was quite eventful and it spanned a couple of days! On Sunday we celebrated with a big breakfast of pink German pancakes, sausage, oranges, and juice. We knew that we had some things scheduled on Valentine's Day morning so we planned ahead. On the actual day the girls had their Valentine's preschool party. They all exchanged candy. I had the girls write all of the names of the kids and their own names on the Valentine's they gave. That was quite the task! After their party we watched the princess movie that Kenzie got and we gave the girls some gifts. I then sent Tom on a scavenger hunt for his present. I had the girls hide the clues and made them promise that they wouldn't tell Tom. Well, they didn't tell Tom but they sure did use any and all other tactics to get him to his clue. It was fun to watch. So my gift to Tom is a trip to San Francisco in May! We will be gone 4 days. I am tying this in to our 10 year anniversary trip as well seeing as how August will be nuts for us this year. That post is coming up...That evening Tom took me out to dinner. We went to Texas Roadhouse. We made reservations ahead of time and it was very smooth with no wait. When we showed up there was already a 2 hour wait! Good thing I am a planner! We went with our friends, the Touissaints. After dinner we came home and our friends and the Chattertons came over and we chatted until 11. Each year my only request for a gift from Tom is a nice letter. Each year he would get me flowers and candy, but this year he finally listened. (Yes, I did lay a card on the dresser as a reminder). I don't know why I am not your traditional girl who likes flowers and candy. I just see money thrown away in a matter of days and I just don't enjoy that thought. I would rather have a note or a gift of service like having the dishes done or a fun memory builder. Don't get me wrong...if the flower was handpicked then I am all over that! It was a fabulous day! I LOVED that I was able to to spend time with my entire family and especially that Tom was home. That is a real treat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








You hopeless romantic you:) Glad that you had such a great Valentines and ALWAYS glad that Tom is home:)
ReplyDelete