Saturday, March 3, 2012

5 year anniversary...adoption...sealing


At the courthouse with the judge.  8 months pregnant too!


5 years ago today, March 3, 2007 we finalized our adoption with Brooklyn and also were sealed to her in the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Timpanogos Temple in Pleasant Grove, Utah.  What an amazing and sweet experience.  I remember during court the judge asked me my full name and I said Michelle Ruth Ewing then Tom nudged me and then I said Hall.  I was sure the judge wouldn't let us adopt her after I did that.  The judge was so kind and just smiled and went on with the next questions.  During the sealing I remember bawling and just beaming.  During the sealing ceremony sweet Brooklyn just looked up at the chandelier and was so good for it all.  We had lots of our family there for support and it was wonderfully sweet weekend that will never be forgotten.  We love you sweet Brooklyn.  Our family would not be complete without you.

If you would like to read more about what the sealing ordinance is all about and why we believe that families are forever you can go to www.mormon.org

1 comment:

  1. Something I won't ever forget either! That little angel is meant to be in our family! I love you Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete