Friday, February 24, 2012

It worked! Due Aug. 30, 2012

This is our baby egg that they transferred.

The X is where the egg was placed.  That is a picture moments after the transfer of the egg into the uterus.

Right after the procedure I had to chill for about a half hour.  I went on complete bedrest for the next 3 days.



Excited Daddy ready to find out how many eggs are there.

Right after Brooklyn found out she was going to have another baby brother or sister she drew this picture.  The picture is me with a baby.  She is so sweet.

The blastocyst.

Week 7

Week 9


Week 11

This is the note the fertility center gave me when I had my last appointment with them on week 9.  I had been going to that office for almost a year and grew to love that office. 
On Dec. 13, 2011 we underwent in vitro.  In July, we harvested 59 eggs, but after a failed attempt at putting in 2 eggs we had 1 frozen embryo left to put in in December.  The odds were 30%, but when the Lord has a plan, odds don't really come into play.  Prior to doing the frozen embryo transfer we prayed and asked friends and family to join in a fast for us.  We honestly put this last egg in the Lord's hands and felt at peace that what should happen, would.  Don't get me wrong, it was really hard and testimonies were strengthened throughout the process.  While we were waiting to find out the results and while I was on bed rest the first couple of days after the procedure Tom pulled the girls aside and told them that they had to be really quiet around Mommy because there was a baby egg in her tummy.  He told them that the baby egg wanted to grab onto the side and if it was loud or if there was fighting that the egg would get scared and let go of the sides.  I love his whole explanation of it all.  They were excellent throughout the whole process. We found out were were pregnant on Dec. 23.  What an amazing Christmas present!  My HCG levels were very high and the nurse said she would be surprised if we didn't have twins.  Come to find out though, we had 1...which I am very grateful.  I am 13 1/2 weeks and due Aug. 30.  In less than a week I will be into my 2nd trimester!  We are beyond excited and feel very blessed.

10 comments:

  1. YAY!!! We are so happy for you guys!! That is exciting news. We will have kids the same age again. We are expecting another baby I'm due Aug 10. Oh I can't wait. That is so exciting!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me so happy! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so happy for you. You are such an awesome mom! Ya-Ya was looking at the pictures with me and she just asked if you have a big belly yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like this really is a miracle for your family. Congratulations. I'm certain you are a most wonderful mother for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't be happier for you guys!!! hope you are feeling better and better each day :) Keep us posted!!!! 8 weeks left here!!! ahhhhhh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! That is so exciting! We are happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful news! I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Michelle!!!! I am so happy and excited for you!!!! I miss living next door so I can see and talk to you a lot more than I get to now. You are amazing and I am so excited that you and Tom get to have another baby. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made me cry :) So happy for you Meesh!

    ReplyDelete