We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Drawings
Brooklyn drew this. She said it was a Nephite. We have been reading the Book of Mormon and learning a lot about the different stories. The yellow things on the arms are the yellow jewelry bands and the arms are actually swords. There is a lot of fighting in the scriptures and Brooklyn keys right in on it.
I absolutely adore this picture. Kenzie LOVES her Dora doll. One day, she grabbed her Dora and traced her on this paper. Then she looked at her Dora very closely and tried to draw her eyes and such. I was very impressed!
Kenzie drew these caterpillars. The girls LOVE bugs!
Kenzie drew this too. She said that this is a picture of the big sister playing house with the little sister and the little sister is lying on the bed. She said that it rained outside so there is a rainbow. Side note: I love that if Kenzie can't seem to find enough room to write her name in order that she makes sure all of the letters are at least on there.
I have tried to make it a habit of taking a picture of the girl's artwork before I throw it away. I am not one to have a lot of loose paper around (I try, at least) so I wanted to create a digital copy of their artwork. They literally draw dozens of drawings each day so I try and pick my favorites or their favorites to take pictures of with my camera. I just love their little drawings.
I saw thing awhile back where they scanned their kids artwork and then made a book through snapfish. I am totally with you though, it's so hard to throw them away unless you have a copy in some form.
What a cute idea! I hate having a bunch of papers around too, maybe I should try this with Chandler's papers.
ReplyDeleteDora is a crack up :) haha
ReplyDeleteI saw thing awhile back where they scanned their kids artwork and then made a book through snapfish. I am totally with you though, it's so hard to throw them away unless you have a copy in some form.
ReplyDelete