Monday, February 28, 2011

Amazing weekend!


Alivia had just woken up from her nap.  She is so cuddly after she wakes up.  It's funny, but her hair is so crazy in all of these pictures.  I must have taken them after a nap because I do her hair religiously every morning but she has learned to yank it out. 


Alivia has her own box of toys.  She loves to dump them out then climb into the box and play. 


For Christmas, we got Brooklyn the game Guess Who.  She calls it "Guess the Who".  She LOVES to play games.  She comes by that honestly. :)  Our daily ritual is to play Candyland then Guess the Who.  Brooklyn usually beats me at both games. 


I love the sheer joy on her face in this pic.




Kenzie just loves and adores Alivia.  Any chance she can get she wants to feed her. 







I knew I was going to have a crazy day that particular day and wanted to make sure she got her veggies in for the day so I fed her green beans for breakfast.  She LOVES green beans.

Life.  That's what this post is all about.  I find that days are filled to the max around here...especially the last couple of ones.  I had an amazing opportunity to go to hear Sis. Julie Beck, the General Relief Society President for the LDS church, on Saturday.  It was amazing.  There were 15000 women present for the first 2 hour block then she had a special training for all of the Relief Society presidencies, bishops and Stake Presidencies for our region for another 2 hours.  The special training had probably 3000 people present.  It was an open discussion for the training.  Amazing!  I learned a ton and am rejuvenated to continue on as president.  I feel so overwhelmed sometimes and wish I could do more in the ward and she reminded me that there needs to be balance in everything.  I immediately went home on Saturday and visited some of the women in our ward that I had been thinking about a lot and tried some of the techniques she talked about and I saw them at church on Sunday!!!  That was great!  When I went on visits today it went really well too.  I love my calling and the many opportunities that present themselves daily and the amazing women I get to come into contact with.  I sure do love the women of our ward.  They inspire me to be better.  As usual, my sweet little girls just roll with the punches and adapt so well when I have to hop in the car to help someone, or drop off a meal.  Brooklyn has gotten used to asking who gets our food this time when she sees me put food in the back of the van. Don't get me wrong...I am truly not trying to brag but just feel grateful for opportunities in my life right now.   

3 comments:

  1. Michelle...you are such a beautiful person! Truly an inspiration to us all. You amaze me. Always have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alivia is getting so big! Hurry and come to Boise again:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun pictures and fun times you guys have. I love reading your blog too, even though I don't comment very often. But I did want to say thanks for reading and commenting on mine. :) I love your reward idea (from a different post). I might have to "steal" that idea and do it with Rachel. It looks like you guys have been up to some fun things. :)

    ReplyDelete